Central Florida ChapterThe Surfrider Foundation is a grassroots, non-profit, environmental organization that works to protect our oceans, waves, and beaches. Founded in 1984, Surfrider Foundation’s most important coastal environmental work is carried out by Surfrider Foundation’s 60 chapters located along the East, West, Gulf, Puerto Rican, and Hawaiian coasts. More Details
Location: Space Bar, 2428 E Robinson St, Orlando, FL
1) Meeting convened: 7:10 pm on 01/06/2016
2) Attendees: Bill Kyte, Eric Rollings, Holly Parker, Kevin Anderson, Kevin McQueen, Marcus Alig, Robert Kaplinger(Kap), Terry Barnard, Tim Orrange, Tommy Barger, Willy Warden,
3) Old Business (?)
4) New Business
- Fracking Ban approved in Orlando (unanimous vote)
- Please sign petition to also ban foam (nofoamzone.org)
- 1/20 Trip to Tallahassee for No Fracking Lobby Day
- 1/21 Trip to Tallahassee for Florida Coast and Oceans day.
- 2/11-12 Trip to Washington DC for Federal Lobby day.
- Motion made by Kap to elect Kevin as Chair, Tim as Treasurer, and all other members to remain.
- Motion seconded and carried.
- Current Board
- Kevin Anderson- Chair
- Tommy Barger- Vice Chair
- Tim Orrange – Treasurer
- Marcus Alig – Secretary
- Bill Kyte – Volunteer Coordinator
- Kap – Member at Large
- When is Avex Event? (Tim will call and confirm)
- In order for Surfrider to participate in the Earth Day Birthday event, the event needs to be more earth friendly.
- Kap will talk with JRR about making the Earth Day event more earth friendly.
6) Meeting adjourned: 8:30